1 hr 15 mins
Clipped from Dallas Morning News a while back. Time does not include the time to make the cornbread for the salad. Don't let the number of ingredients put you off. Cooking time is time to dry out the corn bread thoroughly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cornbread, dried, coarsely crumbled
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1Preheat oven to 250°F
- 2Spread corn bread in a jellyroll pan.
- 3Bake for 1-1/2 hours or until crisp.
- 4Combine corn bread, bell peppers, red onion, parsley, cilantro, green onions, garlic and chiles in large bowl, tossing lightly.
- 5Season with cumin seeds, salt and pepper.
- 6Whisk olive oil, vinegar and lime juice in a small bowl until thorougly blended.
- 7Pour over corn bread mixture and toss gently to coat.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Salad With Lime Juice and Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 343.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: