2 hrs 30 mins
Chef Sunshine's Note:
A colorful summer salad with great flavor. Whenever I share this dish at a potluck, I am always asked for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package cornbread-muffin mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned chopped green chili peppers
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch rubbed sage
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2Prepare the cornbread mix according to package directions, stirring green chilies, cumin, oregano and sage into the finished batter.
- 3Spread into a greased 8 inch square pan.
- 4Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- 5Set aside to cool completely.
- 6In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and Ranch dressing mix.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Wrap bacon in paper towels, and cook in the microwave until crisp, about 45 seconds per slice.
- 9Crumble, and set aside.
- 10Crumble half of the cornbread into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 11Pour half of the beans over the crumbled bread, half of the mayonnaise mixture, half of the corn, bacon and cheese.
- 12Repeat the layers ending with cheese on top.
- 13The dish will be very full.
- 14Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Salad IIi
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.4
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 706.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix