Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A colorful summer salad with great flavor. Whenever I share this dish at a potluck, I am always asked for the recipe.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package cornbread-muffin mix
- 1 (16 ounce) cancanned chopped green chili peppers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch rubbed sage
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) packagedry ranch dressing mix
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Prepare the cornbread mix according to package directions, stirring green chilies, cumin, oregano and sage into the finished batter.
- Spread into a greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and Ranch dressing mix.
- Set aside.
- Wrap bacon in paper towels, and cook in the microwave until crisp, about 45 seconds per slice.
- Crumble, and set aside.
- Crumble half of the cornbread into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour half of the beans over the crumbled bread, half of the mayonnaise mixture, half of the corn, bacon and cheese.
- Repeat the layers ending with cheese on top.
- The dish will be very full.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.