Recipe by Chef Sunshine
Very unusual but good! Recipe may be halved. A great way to use up leftover cornbread!
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I had a corn muffin recipe that turned out too dense. I didn't want to waste it, so I looked for a cornbread salad recipe (I had heard about it on a Game). I chose this bcz it didn't include ingredients in the cornbread. I halved the recipe and it made a big bowl. I used lowfat sour cream and yogurt mix. Used black beans, no bell peppers. This turned out great! My parents loved it too. I let it sit in the fridge for 3 hours. I forgot to put the dressing on the first layer, but it all worked out fine.
- 1 (16 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (11 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions.
- Cool, crumble, and set aside.
- Place bacon in a large deep skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Whisk together the dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- Crumble half the corn bread in the bottom of a large serving dish.
- Top with half the beans.
- Layer the beans with half of the tomatoes, green bell pepper, and green onions. Sprinkle with half the cheese, corn, bacon, and the salad dressing mixture.
- Repeat the layers.
- Cover, and chill at least 2 hours before serving.