Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe was in the local newspaper. I haven't tried it yet.
- 6 cups roughly crumbled day-old cornbread
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard, such as creole
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 small thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small thinly sliced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place crumbled corn bread on a greased baking sheet; bake until crunchy, about 7 minutes.
- Whisk together vinegar and mustard.
- Whisk in olive oil; set aside.
- Place cornbread in large bowl.
- Add black beans, bacon, tomatoes, avocados, onion, cucumber and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour reserved dressing over salad ingredients.
- Toss completely to coat.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.