Recipe by kittykatkakes
This is an all time favorite. My family thinks this has to be at all gatherings. They think this should always be on the table. I have a large family so I always double it and make 2 layers.
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 -8 ounce sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch pan or iron skillet.
- Mix together the meal, egg, milk, and oil. Pour in the greased pan. Bake until golden brown.
- Let the cornbread cool.
- This can be done a day ahead of time.
- Mix together sour cream, mayo, and ranch mix; set aside.
- Layer crumbled corn bread, pintos, corn, tomatoes, onions, cheese, and spread the Ranch over the top.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the top.
- Put in the frig and let chill.