Recipe by ~Nimz~
A lady brought this to our home study group potluck and it was wonderful. She gave me the basics of what was in it and here if what I have come up with. Turned out really good. Cook time does not include the time it takes to cook bacon and the cornbread. I cooked the bacon in the microwave.
Top Review by Baby Chevelle
What a pleasant surprise! I just had to try this, wondering how this would taste. It was really good. I did not put the peppers in it, and I did use Miracle Whip for the mayo, but I tell you it did so remind me of a BLT !! I was really surprised!! Everyone loved it. My cornbread was pretty sweet, I was a little worried about that, but was good!
- 7 cups cornbread, torn into bite size pieces (I used Southern Country Cornbread)
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash ground red pepper