Recipe by Moe! Larry! Cheese!
Comes from the Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook
Top Review by 1 Cookin' Texan 1954
I made this for supper tonight and it was a hit! In fact I send the recipe home with two of my friends. I did change it up a little. I add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the meat. I also used pinto beans with jalapeno in them. That's just the Texan in me coming out. The salad is really great! Thank you for sharing.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, choppped
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, layer corn bread, beans, celery, onion and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; mix well.
- Spoon beef over tomato layer.
- Spread topping over salad (do not toss).