Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in my Mother's Recipe Box.
- 2 cups dried breadcrumbs (white bread)
- 2 cups cornbread, crumbs (dried)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sage
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; mix well.
- Stuff poultry cavity lightly, or place in a well greased 13x9x2" baking pan.
- If baking in pan, bake at 350 F for 30 minutes, or until done.
- Makes enough dressing to stuff a 10-12 pound turkey.
Bev: This was great . . . made it as a cassarole to serve with Turkey that I smoked in my stove-top smoker. Reminds me of the dressing mom use to make. Thanks for posting.