Recipe by Douglas Poe
This is a recipe I recieved from a friend. This recipe is made in a casserole dish, but if you have a 12 inch cast iron skillet you could make it a one dish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 packages of jiffy regular cornbread mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet over medium high heat crumble and brown the ground beef.
- As beef begins to cook, add chopped onion, and other ingredients, except cornbread mix, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add ingredients into a greased 12" oblong dish 3/4 full.
- Mix cornbread mix as directed and pour over the mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crornbread is done.