Recipe by Nanita
These are my family's favorite pancakes. I modified the directions from the back of a package of corn muffin mix and the results are delicious!
Top Review by Megan C.
Delicious! Added sweet corn that I charred in some butter on the stove top before hand to the mix (only the ear of 1 corn) definitely perfect to pair with a Mexican style breakfast omelette! Yummmmmmmmm!
- 1 (7 ounce) packagesweet cornbread mix or 1 (7 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons baking mix (bisquick)
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat griddle until water drops"dance" when dropped on surface.
- Combine corn bread mix and baking mix in bowl, stirring with a wire whisk to break up any lumps.
- Add egg and milk.
- Mix everything together with whisk just enough to combine, don't overmix or pancakes will be tough.
- Cook pancakes on griddle.
- Serve with butter and syrup or honey.