Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are my family's favorite pancakes. I modified the directions from the back of a package of corn muffin mix and the results are delicious!
- Heat griddle until water drops"dance" when dropped on surface.
- Combine corn bread mix and baking mix in bowl, stirring with a wire whisk to break up any lumps.
- Add egg and milk.
- Mix everything together with whisk just enough to combine, don't overmix or pancakes will be tough.
- Cook pancakes on griddle.
- Serve with butter and syrup or honey.
This was super easy and quick to whip up, and best of all it was delicious. The cakes came out fluffy and huge. We piled them high and ate with maple syrup and butter for breakfast on a snowy morning. Thank you for posting this recipe!
Both easy and yummy! Will be making this recipe again.
Excellent and easy. Delicious. I added a little more milk to thin the batter out a bit... and added a little extra sugar to the dry mix. After using 1/4 cup measure to put them into a pan, I added fresh chopped Jersey peaches to each pancake... then flipped and finished. Served with sugar free syrup and whipped butter. This is a keeper. Next time, I'll serve some poached eggs with it. I can see that it would also be good as a savory pancake with cheddar cheese and jalapenos. Endless possibilities I'm sure. Thanks for the idea.