Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are my family's favorite pancakes. I modified the directions from the back of a package of corn muffin mix and the results are delicious!
- 1 (7 ounce) packagesweet cornbread mix or 1 (7 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons baking mix (bisquick)
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Heat griddle until water drops"dance" when dropped on surface.
- Combine corn bread mix and baking mix in bowl, stirring with a wire whisk to break up any lumps.
- Add egg and milk.
- Mix everything together with whisk just enough to combine, don't overmix or pancakes will be tough.
- Cook pancakes on griddle.
- Serve with butter and syrup or honey.
Delicious! Added sweet corn that I charred in some butter on the stove top before hand to the mix (only the ear of 1 corn) definitely perfect to pair with a Mexican style breakfast omelette! Yummmmmmmmm!
This was super easy and quick to whip up, and best of all it was delicious. The cakes came out fluffy and huge. We piled them high and ate with maple syrup and butter for breakfast on a snowy morning. Thank you for posting this recipe!
Both easy and yummy! Will be making this recipe again.