Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low cal and yummy. A twist on traditional cornbread. This WW recipe is 2 pts per serving
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml minced red bell peppers
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 311.84 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 177.44 ml 1% low-fat milk or 177.44 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml egg substitute (or 2 egg whites and 1 egg yolk)
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- Combine dry ingredients, bell pepper and corn in a bowl.
- Stir well and make a well in the center.
- Combine milk and next 3 ingredients, stir well and add to flour mixture, stir until moist.
- Pour into sprayed muffin pan or cast iron pan.
- Bake 375 for 20 minutes for muffins.
- Bake 375 for 25 minutes in a cast iron pan.
Fantastic and easy to make. I used some roasted red peppers I had in the fridge and frozen corn instead of canned (which cuts back on the sodium). I didn't thaw the frozen corn, just tossed it in and it worked out well. Thanks!
I loved the whole corn-gave it a great texture. I cut the recipe in half. Don't worry about filling the muffin tins to high, only raised about 1-2cm. Didn't notice much of a taste difference between these and normal