Low cal and yummy. A twist on traditional cornbread. This WW recipe is 2 pts per serving
Make and share this Cornbread (Or Muffins) Ww recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk or 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (or 2 egg whites and 1 egg yolk)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- Combine dry ingredients, bell pepper and corn in a bowl.
- Stir well and make a well in the center.
- Combine milk and next 3 ingredients, stir well and add to flour mixture, stir until moist.
- Pour into sprayed muffin pan or cast iron pan.
- Bake 375 for 20 minutes for muffins.
- Bake 375 for 25 minutes in a cast iron pan.