Recipe by karen
I got this recipe from Harriet, a wonderful lady that used to work with me at a previous job. Though not low in calories, it is a wonderful recipe that is always a big hit with my family.
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
I've changed my rating from 4 to 5 stars because the more I make this the more I realize just what a winner Harriet has given you and you, in turn, have given us. I use regular sour cream, 2% milk, and 4 oz of cheddar and 4 oz of jack cheese. Must say though I enjoy this dish better the next day at room temperature.
- 2 large vidalia onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 ounces creamed corn, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 8 1⁄2 ounces Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Saute onions in butter.
- Pour onions into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in sour cream, dill weed, salt and half the cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine corn, milk, muffin mix and egg.
- Pour corn mixture into a 9 x 13 dish coated in cooking spray.
- Spread onion mixture over top.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.