Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from Harriet, a wonderful lady that used to work with me at a previous job. Though not low in calories, it is a wonderful recipe that is always a big hit with my family.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Saute onions in butter.
- Pour onions into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in sour cream, dill weed, salt and half the cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine corn, milk, muffin mix and egg.
- Pour corn mixture into a 9 x 13 dish coated in cooking spray.
- Spread onion mixture over top.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
I've changed my rating from 4 to 5 stars because the more I make this the more I realize just what a winner Harriet has given you and you, in turn, have given us. I use regular sour cream, 2% milk, and 4 oz of cheddar and 4 oz of jack cheese. Must say though I enjoy this dish better the next day at room temperature.
A friend brought this to a potluck and then gave out the recipe, which is identical to the one posted here. It received more raves than any other dish at the potluck meal, and there were many good ones.