Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal (self rising)
- 1 cup flour (self rising)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and soda.
- Add 1 cup milk, beaten egg and shortening.
- Bake in shallow buttered or oiled pan at 425 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or: Heat muffin pan with 1 1/2 tsp oil in each cup (heat until sizzling hot).
- Pour in batter and bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.