Recipe by Umberle
Adapted from the Cooking Light Oct 2007. Originally these were mini muffins. I upgraded them to regular size. Still tinkering with the baking time but they come out just fine as I'm writing it up.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine the flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine cheese, sour cream, onions, cream-style corn, hot sauce, and egg in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Add the cheese mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. (it should be lumpy).
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among 12 standard sized muffin cups. Bake at 375°F for 17 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in cups for 2 minutes on wire racks; remove from pans to finish cooling.