Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a huge hit at our Thanksgiving get-togethers and because of it my new monniker is "The Cornbread Lady!" This is deliciously moist and is excellent served with pork chops, too.
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 can cream-style sweet corn
- Sift together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs, milk and oil together very well and add to dry ingredients.
- Stir in sweetcorn.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour (Check at 50 minutes).
Dis mos nou hoe ons Suid Afrika moet adverteer, exellent stuff
We really enjoyed this! It reminded me of bread pudding (or maybe it was just the way I made it), I prefer this to traditional cornbread. Thanks!
Super recipe. Came out really well. The kids adored it!