1/1 Photo of Cornbread Mashed Potatoes With Spring Onions
Mashed potatoes taken to a who new level! So flavorful, your taste buds will be singing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cut potatoes into cubes. Then boil for 20-30 minutes or until soft enough for a knife to easily pass through. Drain and set aside when done.
- 2Meanwhile, bake cornbread according to directions. Set aside for cooling.
- 3In a Dutch oven or large pot, melt the butter and add the potatoes.
- 4Add the milk and half of the heavy cream. Mash the potatoes until you have your desired consistency (runny or thick).
- 5Season with salt and pepper, even more butter to taste.
- 6Cut a large piece of cornbread and crumble into the mashed potatoes. Stir.
- 7Potatoes will thicken, so add more whipping cream until you have desired consistency.
- 8Stir in chopped green onions.
- 9NOTE: You don't want the taste of the onions to overpower the mashed potatoes, so allow potatoes to cook, while stirring, on low heat while the flavor of the onions blend with the potatoes for about 3-5 minutes.
- 10You'll know when it's ready!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Mashed Potatoes With Spring Onions
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.4
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.9 mg
- Sodium 532.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g