Top Review by TLA
I made these cornbread muffins to add to my low carb dressing at Thanksgiving, the texture was lovely. I decided to try them as a sweet muffin. I added 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp lemon extracts , I also used 1 egg substitute and 1 whole egg, 8drops of liquid splenda and only 1 tablespoon melted butter. These are my new favorite sweet muffin. I may decrease the water a bit season them up like a hush puppy and fry some. Lots of potential with this recipe. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 236.59 ml almond flour (OR 1/2 c almond flour & 1/2 c hazelnut flour)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 29.58 ml cream
- 29.58 ml water
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml Splenda sugar substitute or 4.92 ml honey, substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 Combine the almond meal and baking powder.
- Add the cream, water, sweetener, and eggs, stir to combine.
- Add the melted butter, stir to combine.
- Spray Pam into the muffin tin.
- Divide the batter amongst 5-6 muffins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until edges are slightly browned and the tops are firm to the touch.
- Really good with butter& sugar-free, low carb jam or honey.