Recipe by ellie_
I made a few minor changes to the original recipe printed in Bon Appetit (December 1992). Original recipe was printed as a request for corn bread served in Le Bus resturant.
Top Review by Ridgely
I made this to go with our Chili tonight. Very good! We like a sweet cornbread and this really complimented our spicy chili. Next time, instead of eating it right away, I will let it cool a bit because it crumbled aound the edges some when I went to slice it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine or 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour milk
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with corn meal.
- Mix first six ingredients (flour- salt) in large bowl.
- Mix eggs, melted margarine/oil, milk in small bowl.
- Add egg mixture and corn to dry ingredients.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.