Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Easy way to make cornbread... I love it smothered in butter!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, frozen, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Dust pan with cornmeal; shake out excess.
- Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, oil, milk and buttermilk in medium bowl.
- Add egg mixture and corn to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 325F and continue baking until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool bread in pan on rack 30 minutes. Turn out bread onto rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover tightly and store at room temperature.).