Kickin' and easy. Use as an appetizer or a side. If half a jalapeno is too much for you in a bit, just put the batter in mini muffin tin and place a slice of jalapeno on top (or in the middle and cheese on top).
- 15 large fresh jalapenos (enough to use dough maybe 15-25)
- 240.97 g box Jiffy cornbread mix (or 4-6 muffins worth of your own recipe)
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup for the batter..1/2 cup for sprinkiling)
- 236.59 ml fresh corn (canned or thawed frozen ok)
- Slice the jalapenos longwise and carefully remove all the seeds and veins.set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix up the Cornbread batter according to the box instructions, add in the Corn and 1 cup of the Cheddar.
- Fill each Jalapeno half with some batter! Careful, don’t over fill them!
- Sprinkle them all with the remaining 1/2 cup of Cheddar.
- Place them on a baking rack & sheet pan, bake them at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, or until the Cornbread is firm and cooked through. They will be puffed and cheesy too!
- Alternatively put the dough in mini muffin tin and then place a slice of jalapeno on top or sneak it in the middle and put more cheese on top. This is a milder approach.