1/1 Photo of Cornbread Jalapeno Poppers
Kickin' and easy. Use as an appetizer or a side. If half a jalapeno is too much for you in a bit, just put the batter in mini muffin tin and place a slice of jalapeno on top (or in the middle and cheese on top).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 large fresh jalapenos (enough to use dough maybe 15-25)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix (or 4-6 muffins worth of your own recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup for the batter..1/2 cup for sprinkiling)
- 1 cup fresh corn (canned or thawed frozen ok)
- 1Slice the jalapenos longwise and carefully remove all the seeds and veins.set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix up the Cornbread batter according to the box instructions, add in the Corn and 1 cup of the Cheddar.
- 3Fill each Jalapeno half with some batter! Careful, don’t over fill them!
- 4Sprinkle them all with the remaining 1/2 cup of Cheddar.
- 5Place them on a baking rack & sheet pan, bake them at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, or until the Cornbread is firm and cooked through. They will be puffed and cheesy too!
- 6Alternatively put the dough in mini muffin tin and then place a slice of jalapeno on top or sneak it in the middle and put more cheese on top. This is a milder approach.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Jalapeno Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (775 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 125.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g