Recipe by Boca Pat
I like this because it's so quick and easy to prepare. It looks like a puffy pancake, but cuts easily and tastes great.
Top Review by Blessed*One
This is a great quick cornbread recipe! I doubled it and cooked it in a larger skillet. I also added some chopped green chile peppers to go with some hot/spicy beans. If I make it without the chiles, I think I'll need to add a little sugar.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder& salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg,milk and 3 tspn oil Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened Heat remaining oil in heavy 8-in skillet over low heat Pour batter into the hot skillet, cover& cook for 4-5 minute.
- Turn and cook 4 minutes longer or until golden brown.