1/2 Photos of Cornbread in a Skillet
Greg: Barrow, Alaska's Note:
Sweet tasty cornbread made in an iron skillet. Northern recipe type meets Southern cooking method.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F with 10 inch iron skillet in oven.
- 2Mix first four ingrdients
- 3in a sperate bowl mix next four ingredients
- 4gently combine the two mixtures just until mixed (overmixing causes a tough bread).
- 5remove skillet from oven and melt 2 tablespoons of butter in it.
- 6pour or spoon batter into skillet. it will be a thick batter.
- 7bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- 8romove and turn onto a plate.
- 10give five star rating on zaar.com.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread in a Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.6
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 405.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g