Recipe by cookee monster
This comes from The New Dr. Cookie Cookbook. It's a low-fat cookbook filled with cookies, muffins, cakes and breads. I like it because it tastes moist and doesn't make a mess when eaten.
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 236.59 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 24.64 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 large egg
- 59.14 ml honey
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In one bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat egg, honey and oil with an electic mixer until smooth.
- Add the milk, beat again.
- Stir in, by hand, the cornmeal mixture until just combined. It will be lumpy.
- Pour into a 9 inch pie plate that's been sprayed with cooking spray or a 9 inch greased cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick insterted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot.