1/1 Photo of Cornbread in a Round (Low-Fat)
cookee monster's Note:
This comes from The New Dr. Cookie Cookbook. It's a low-fat cookbook filled with cookies, muffins, cakes and breads. I like it because it tastes moist and doesn't make a mess when eaten.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In one bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 2In another bowl beat egg, honey and oil with an electic mixer until smooth.
- 3Add the milk, beat again.
- 4Stir in, by hand, the cornmeal mixture until just combined. It will be lumpy.
- 5Pour into a 9 inch pie plate that's been sprayed with cooking spray or a 9 inch greased cast iron skillet.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick insterted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread in a Round (Low-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 332.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 4.8 g