Recipe by weekend cooker
a one dish skillet supper, that is a real big hit with kids.
Top Review by julikoz
This is really good. I made cornbread from scratch (instead of jiffy mix) and I added a jalapeno diced and some diced chedar to the cornbread batter. I also added a can of mixed vegies to the meat mixture. It is very satisfying with a side of steamed broccoli. Thanks for the delish recipe!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 10 inch ovenproof skillet, cook the beef, onion, and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, and drain.
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions, and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Put in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Stir tomato soup, salsa, ketchup, and steak sauce into beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with parsley.