Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Martha Stewart Living, "A Hill Country Thanksgiving", November 2007.
- 2 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk, room temp
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter 8" square dish.
- Whisk cornmeal, salt, sugar, and bakin gbowder in large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and butter in medium bowl.
- Add egg mixture to cornmeal mix, and stir.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- bake until golden and, a toothpic comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in dish on wire rack.
- Run knife around edges of dish to loosen.