Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe will serve 30-36 people.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup oil
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just till moist.
- pour into greased 13x9 inch pan and a greased 9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes till toothpick come out clean.
- Serve warm.
no sugar? seems like an omission. Even if you don't like sweet cornbread a tablespoon or so seems necessary to me.