1/2 Photos of Cornbread Focaccia
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7.08 g envelope fast rise yeast
- 236.59 ml warm water (100 - 110 degrees)
- 1 tablelspoon sugar
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml plain yellow cornmeal
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 4.92 ml salt
- 44.37 ml olive oil, divided
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 411.06 g can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 78.07 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 1Combine rapid-rise yeast, warm water and sugar in a small bowl and let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Stir together 2 cups flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture and 2 tablespoons oil until well blended (dough will be sticky). Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 3 to 5 minutes). Place in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 15 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle cornmeal onto well greased baking sheet. Place dough on baking sheet and roll into a 12-inch square (I usually roll it a little larger), sprinkling with flour as needed to prevent sticking (about 1 tablespoon). Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts for 45 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven 400 degrees. Brush dough with balsamic vinegar. Gentilly press end of a wooden spoon into top of dough, forming indentions. Top with tomatoes, garlic and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- 5Bake 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.9
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 942.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: