Recipe by Chef Eggless
My son is allergic to eggs, so I've tried many corn bread recipes that do not contain eggs. This is our favorite eggless corn bread recipe as it rises nicely and is very moist.
Top Review by Paula C.
I found this recipe because it's egg free. I decided to make it and also because I must eat gluten free I substituted Bob's Redmill 1 to 1 gluten free flour for regular flour and followed the recipe as posted. The only addtional thing I needed to do was bake longer which is often the case in GF baking. This recipe is outstanding and a keeper, the best corn bread to date. I just wanted to share that if you also eat gluten free just sub the flour and it should turn out fine. Had egg allergy my entire life so this was a nice find. Thank you.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk or 1 1⁄4 cups rice milk or 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8" or 9" square pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients--cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the wet ingredients--milk, oil, vinegar, and corn syrup.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the sides begin to pull away from the edge of the pan and wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.