Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My son is allergic to eggs, so I've tried many corn bread recipes that do not contain eggs. This is our favorite eggless corn bread recipe as it rises nicely and is very moist.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8" or 9" square pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients--cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the wet ingredients--milk, oil, vinegar, and corn syrup.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the sides begin to pull away from the edge of the pan and wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
The best cornbread ever! Everyone loved it for Thanksgiving. My 5-yr old has an egg allergy, but my other 2 boys and my husband and I don't. Its difficult to make breads, etc egg free that taste the same. This recipe is spot on. Just beautiful. Thank you!
I don't know what I could have done wrong, I made it with Soy milk, I had to replace the vinegar with lemon juice due to an intolerance to vinegar but it should have been fine. It rose perfectly, I made 2 exact recipes and it brown evenly and perfectly. I was excited about it until I smelled and ate it. Even with tons of butter and then boysenberry syrup to try to make it edible, it was still disgusting. Tasted and smelled like a goat, honestly! All I can guess is the corn meal was too old??? Who knows... My plan was to use the cornbread for bread crumbs to use in my stuffing for Thanksgiving so my daughter,who is gluten intolerant and can't eat eggs either, could eat stuffing to, which she loves. I need help.