Recipe by Peggy J Record
This recipe comes from my sister-in-law's in-laws in Louisiana. It's a really different addition to any meal and quite a conversation starter also.
- 1 package cornbread mix (I prefer Martha White)
- 1 package Mexican cornbread mix (Martha White)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 2 -3 stalks celery
- 1 pint real mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix both packages of the cornbread mixes with the milk and eggs and bake according to package directions.
- Cool and crumble.
- Chop the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and celery.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the crumbled dressing along with the mayonnaise.
- This recipe is better a day old as that gives all the flavors time to blend together better.