Recipe by taysyd4
It's an easy, exact recipe for good cornbread dressing just like my mother and grandmother made, but they could never give me exact measurments of the ingredients because they always cooked to taste (signs of a good cook!).
Top Review by miah 27
This is almost like the dressing my grandmother used to make. I served this at a dinner party and the guests loved it. I even shared it with my co-workers and when they made it there family loved it too. This is good. Every time I took a bite all I kept saying was this is so good!
- 2 cups celery
- 2 cups onions
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 bunch green onion
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- salt & pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 cups cornbread
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup chicken giblets
- 6 -8 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop vegetables and cook with sage, poultry seasoning and thyme in melted butter until tender, about 10 minute in large saucepan.
- Combine cooked,crumbled cornbread, dried stuffing mix and cooked, finely chopped giblets in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in chicken broth (add broth as needed)and cooked vegetable mixture and mix well. Season the dressing with cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to taste. Stir in raw egg.
- Pour dressing in large pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minute until lightly brown.
- Yields 12-15 servings.