Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from the Rural Arkansas magazine, November 1982.
Make and share this Cornbread Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups crumbled white bread
- 4 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage (optional)
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- Combine breadcrumbs, cornbread, onion, celery, and seasoning in a large bowl; mix well.
- Blend in broth and butter.
- Mixture should be very soft to allow for loss of moisture during baking.
- Add more broth if necessary.
- Spoon dressing into a lightly greased pan; bake at 350 for 1 hour or until well browned.
I used your recipe to make stuffing muffins for Thanksgiving. Instead of putting the dressing in a traditional baking pan I used an ice cream scoop to portion it into a greased muffin tin. I baked the stuffing muffins for about 25 minutes at 375Â°. They turned out perfect and everyone had a perfect portion of crunchy dressing.
I made this last night. It was delicious. I didn't have any white bread so used whole wheat and also used 1/2 large shallot chopped instead of the onion. I also added a little dried thyme and some dried parsley. Thanks for a very tasty and easy recipe!