Recipe by Shellbelle
This recipe is from the Rural Arkansas magazine, November 1982.
Top Review by Stoblogger
I used your recipe to make stuffing muffins for Thanksgiving. Instead of putting the dressing in a traditional baking pan I used an ice cream scoop to portion it into a greased muffin tin. I baked the stuffing muffins for about 25 minutes at 375Â°. They turned out perfect and everyone had a perfect portion of crunchy dressing.
- 4 cups crumbled white bread
- 4 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage (optional)
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine breadcrumbs, cornbread, onion, celery, and seasoning in a large bowl; mix well.
- Blend in broth and butter.
- Mixture should be very soft to allow for loss of moisture during baking.
- Add more broth if necessary.
- Spoon dressing into a lightly greased pan; bake at 350 for 1 hour or until well browned.