Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄2 cup oleo or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped medium to large pieces
- 4 -6 cups cornbread, crumbs
- 4 -6 cups plain sweet biscuit crumbs (or soft rolls)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups chicken broth (approximate)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 chopped parsley (and any other seasonings you like such as thyme, tarragon, etc.)
- Melt butter in saucepan, saute onions and celery until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish and bake at 450 degrees for approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until brown.
Flora, bless your heart--had lost this recipe. It isn't Thanksgiving without it. Thanks again. SLT