Top Review by pedspeech
My mom's dressing is "a pinch of this and some of that" so I loved having a guide while trying to recreate it. This was exactly the texture I was looking for after cooking for about 45 minutes. I will keep this as a base recipe but try adding some extra seasoning next time as well as some chicken or turkey (whatever else is on the menu). Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons sage
- 8 cups cornbread, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour three cans of chicken broth in a large pan and over medium heat, cook the celery and onions until they are soft. Remove from heat.
- Crumble the cornbread and sage into the celery mixture and mix well.
- If needed, add additional chicken broth a little at a time to the mixture, mixing well until the mixture is moist but not soupy.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch glass baking dish that you have sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. Serve warm.