Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a Thanksgiving favorite in my family.
- 1 (9 inch) prepared cornbread, crumbled (thick)
- 6 eggs, boiled and chopped
- 16 saltine crackers, crumbled
- 6 slices bread, broke in small pieces
- cooking oil
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 large onions, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- Sauté chopped vegetables in oil until tender.
- Combine eggs, cornbread, crackers and sautéed vegetables.
- Add salt, pepper and sage to taste.
- Add chicken broth until moist. You may not need all of it or you may need more depending on how dry your cornbread is.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 or 40 minutes.