Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the recipe my mother-in-law gave me and my kids insist on it every Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 2 chicken legs (that is leg and thigh)
- 4 chicken thighs (leave skin on)
- 6 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 3 hamburger buns, crumbled
- 1⁄4 lb saltine crackers (1 sleeve)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 5 -6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sage (to taste)
- Boil chicken with skin on.
- The richer the broth the more moist the dressing.
- Saute vegetables in butter.
- Mix cornbread, buns and crackers.
- add enough broth to moisten well.
- add eggs.
- add seasonings.
- mix well.
- bake in 400 degree oven about 45 minute or until edges turn brown.