Recipe by sylvia winston
my husband likes cornbread dressing, I find it dry. A friend gave me this recipe 35 years ago and it is still my favorite. And so easy! I use Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing mix.
- 1 3⁄4 cups crumbled cornbread (from a mix is good)
- 1 3⁄4 herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together corn bread crumbs, stuffing mix, sage, celery and onion in large bowl.
- Heat the butter and soup together in saucepan. When butter is melted add this to the dressing mixture. Toss lightly.
- I make it in advance and store it in a zip lock bag in refrigerator.
- Stuff turkey or put it in an oven proof bowl(Add a little broth to it). Bake until heated through.