Captain Apollo's Note:
An unusual presentation that is very quick, and only dirties THREE kitchen items. I can't make this recipe without snacking on the cornbread mixture - it is delicious! Pork loin can dry out when cooking, but the crust on this recipe results in a deliciously moist final product. I adapted this recipe from one in Gourmet magazine, adding a little Asiago cheese to the crust so that it holds together better, and optimizing the instructions for super-fast cleanup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Heat oil in large non-stick pan over high heat.
- 3While oil heats, season the loin with salt and pepper.
- 4When oil is very hot but not smoking, add loin to pan and brown on all sides, about 4 minutes total.
- 5Transfer to oiled, foil-wrapped shallow baking pan.
- 6Reduce heat under non-stick pan to medium and add butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant and slightly browned, about 1 minute.
- 7Crumble cornbread into pan and sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Layer sage leaves together in one hand, and use kitchen shears in the other to snip fine ribbons onto the cornbread. Stir mixture in pan and season with pepper to taste.
- 9Spread mustard over loin, then carefully but firmly pat the crumb mixture onto the mustard (when making this for family, I just mound the crumbs over the loin and pat it down a bit for speed).
- 10Tent loosely with foil and cook just until instant-read thermometer registers 155 (a remote probe thermometer helps, otherwise you are likely to knock off a lot of the crust by repeatedly stabbing the loin) about 20-25 minutes.
- 11Transfer loin to a cutting board and tent with foil. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread-Crusted Pork Loin With Sage
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.8
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Sodium 140.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: