Recipe by Skippy [BW]
Good accompaniment to a bowl of chili, soup or salad.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Loved this cornbread, & initially used the whole wheat flour, brown sugar & regular milk! GREAT, GREAT TASTE! For me, I'll keep using the whole milk, but might switch to white flour & regular sugar, just to check out the difference in taste! Thanks for a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup dairy milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly oil a 9 x 6-inch pan with vegetable oil. In a large bowl combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, vegetable oil, and egg.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients and stir just to combine. Do not over mix.
- Pour mix into pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.