Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is great for potlucks because it makes such a huge quantity. It is kind of difficult to scale down because you would end up with partial cans of ingredients. I took this to a church potluck, and I actually had men coming up to me and asking to give their wives the recipe! The recipe came from Taste of Home.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 10 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions.
- Cool completely and crumble or cube.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, including the crumbled corn bread.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss gently.
This has become a cook out favorite for my family! I use corn muffin mix instead of cornbread mix and I substitute thawed frozen corn for canned because it adds a little sweetness to it. I also mix the dressing a couple of hours before and add 1 tbsp dried minced onions to the dressing so I can leave out the green onions and get the onion flavor without any raw onions (we don't eat raw onions). This is great right after you make it or the next day! Thanks for a great recipe : )
This was pretty good; wasn't sure what to think, but thought I'd give it a try. I halfed the recipe and left out the black beans. No pepper since DH doesn't like them so don't have any here. Had to use bacon bits (real thing would definitely be best). Added onion instead of green onion. Thanks for posting!
yep< got this from a TOH as well. been making it awhile. always a hit. though I leave out the tomatoes, and only use 1 green pepper.