This recipe is great for potlucks because it makes such a huge quantity. It is kind of difficult to scale down because you would end up with partial cans of ingredients. I took this to a church potluck, and I actually had men coming up to me and asking to give their wives the recipe! The recipe came from Taste of Home.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 10 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions.
- Cool completely and crumble or cube.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, including the crumbled corn bread.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss gently.