Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another one posted in response to a request, but it sounds really easy and delicious.
Make and share this Cornbread Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Grease a 9" pie dish.
- In mixing bowl, sift together flour, the 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder, and the salt.
- Stir in the cornmeal.
- In a separate bowl,blend egg, milk, and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Beat just until smooth.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pie dish.
- Spoon preserves over batter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.