Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Wonderful for any occasion and any time of day!
- 453.59 g lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 425.24 g can chili beans, in sauce
- 29.58 ml cajun seasoning
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 177.44 ml chopped white onion
- 2 (481.94 g) box corn muffin mix
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml water
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl combine cooked ground beef, chili beans, 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning, and garlic.
- Sprinkle diced peppers and chopped onion evenly into the bottom of well greased 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Spoon meat mixture over top of peppers and spread evenly.
- In separate bowl, combine muffin mix, remaining seasoning, and half of shredded cheese; mix well.
- Add water and eggs; mix well.
- Pour batter evenly over meat mixture in skillet.
- Bake skillet uncovered 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of batter comes out clean.
- Using oven mitts, remove skillet from oven.
- Loosen edges of cornbread from skillet and carefully invert skillet onto a large serving plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, cut into wedges, and enjoy!