Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Wonderful for any occasion and any time of day!
Make and share this Cornbread Chili Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, in sauce
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl combine cooked ground beef, chili beans, 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning, and garlic.
- Sprinkle diced peppers and chopped onion evenly into the bottom of well greased 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Spoon meat mixture over top of peppers and spread evenly.
- In separate bowl, combine muffin mix, remaining seasoning, and half of shredded cheese; mix well.
- Add water and eggs; mix well.
- Pour batter evenly over meat mixture in skillet.
- Bake skillet uncovered 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of batter comes out clean.
- Using oven mitts, remove skillet from oven.
- Loosen edges of cornbread from skillet and carefully invert skillet onto a large serving plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, cut into wedges, and enjoy!