Wonderful for any occasion and any time of day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, in sauce
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium bowl combine cooked ground beef, chili beans, 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning, and garlic.
- 3Sprinkle diced peppers and chopped onion evenly into the bottom of well greased 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- 4Spoon meat mixture over top of peppers and spread evenly.
- 5In separate bowl, combine muffin mix, remaining seasoning, and half of shredded cheese; mix well.
- 6Add water and eggs; mix well.
- 7Pour batter evenly over meat mixture in skillet.
- 8Bake skillet uncovered 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of batter comes out clean.
- 9Using oven mitts, remove skillet from oven.
- 10Loosen edges of cornbread from skillet and carefully invert skillet onto a large serving plate.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining cheese, cut into wedges, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Chili Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.6
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 632.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g