1 hr 15 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipe comes from a little recipe phamphlet that has some very good recipes. I thought this dish looked very good and I'm posting it for safe-keeping. I have not tried it yet, but hope to do so soon. As a time saver you could make the chili one day and assemble the next. If you can't find a box of corn muffin mix you can use any mix that makes 6 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (1 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded for garnish
- sour cream, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In heavy Dutch oven over medium-high heat cook ground beef until thorough cooked and no traces of pink are left.
- 3Stir in salsa, beans, tomatoes, corn and chili seasoning mix.
- 4Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 5Meanwhile prepare corn muffin batter according to the directions on the package and set aside.
- 6Spoon hot chili into the center of a 2 quart baking dish.
- 7Spoon cornbread batter around the edges of the chili.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes, sprinkle with cheese and bake another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the cornbread is deep golden brown.
- 9Serve individual portions in shallow soup bowls and garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread & Chili Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.6
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 1629.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix