Recipe by Miss Fannie
This is a gooseberry Patch recipe that was submitted by Roberta Valella. It looks like week night comfort food to me.
Top Review by Tisme
I could not find corn bread mix, so used a dumpling mix instead. It was very nice and the family enjoyed this for dinner.<br/>I think it might have been a little better with the corn bread, as the dumpling mix tended to soak up a bit of the sauce, but even so, still very nice on a cold winter's night.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of corn soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- cornbread mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Evenly arrange chicken in a greased 13"x 9" inch baking pan. In a bowl, mix together soup, sour cream, pepper, and basil. Add frozen vegetables; spread over chicken in pan. Prepare cornbread according to package instructions. Spread batter evenly to cover vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Let cool for 15 minutes.